Careers at IMGS
IT Grad Vacancy at IMGS
IMGS are Ireland’s leading supplier of spatial solutions for government, utility and telecommunications industries. Our solutions enable our customers to capture, manage and embed spatial data and engineering documentation into their enterprise information systems.
Our team comprises professionals from backgrounds in engineering, computer science, geographical information systems, project management, training and commerce. This is an outstanding career opportunity for the right candidate to join a young dynamic company and really make a difference.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for an IT Graduate to join our team of developers. You will be responsible for the design and development of GIS solutions using ASP.NET, AJAX and Web Services with IIS and Microsoft SQL Server.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, highly interesting environment utilizing the most up to date Web Based and GIS technologies. No GIS experience is necessary as training will be provided where necessary.
Responsibilities / Accountability
- Responsible for the development of GIS related solutions, using a broad spectrum of technologies including ASP.NET, AJAX, Web Services with IIS, VB.NET, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. Responsible for the delivery and management of each stage in the project lifecycle of web applications, back end interfaces and framework components
- Working primarily with .NET, unit testing, debugging, and testing techniques
- Systems Analysis and Specification writing
- Primary focus will be developing production-level code, with secondary emphasis on proof-of-concept applications and prototypes
- You will be working on new and with existing IMGS web based products
- BSc in Computer Science, or MSc highly desired
- Well versed in code optimization and software design principles, and have a passion and demonstrated experience in software development
- Years’ experience (Graduate Level)
- A strong focus on quality
- The ability to work well with other highly talented individuals
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative
- Ability to see the long term value while focusing on immediate deliverables
- Fluency in the English language
- GIS experience is not essential but would be a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance related bonus structure
- Paid Holidays
- Training Provided
To Apply please click here