FME 2018.0 Release : Top 23 Features
Connect & Transform - More Format Support and Transformation Power
1. New Format Reader/ Writers
- Apple Venue Format Reader & Writer
- Bently i-Model Reader (V1)
- CALS (Continuous Acquisition and Life-Cycle Support) Raster Reader & Writer
- Esri Geodatabase Mosaic Dataset Writer (ArcSDE & File Geodatabase)
- Esri indexed 3D Scene Layer Writer (i3S)
- GDAL Generic Raster Reader (read anything GDAL Supports)
- 54 New GDAL-based Raster Formats
- GDAL VRT Raster Reader
- Google Cloud Spanner Reader & Writer
- HYPACK Reader & Writer
- IDRISI Raster Reader & Writer
- LDAP (Active Directory) Reader
- Microsoft Powerpoint Writer
- Microsoft Word Writer
- PCD (Point Cloud Data) Reader & Writer
- PDF Reader (2D/ Raster/ Text)
- SOSI GML Reader & Writer
- Well Log ASCII Standard (WLAS) Reader
2. New Transformers
- HDFSConnector (for moving files into and out of Hadoop)
3. Indoor Mapping Formats
- Connect to indoor mapping applications with added support for Apple Venue Format (Reader & Writer) and IBM TRIRIGA (Transformers on FME Hub)
4. PDF Reading
- PDF is no longer where data goes to die. FME's new PDF Reader means you can extract rasters, vector data, and text from PDF documents.
5. Create 5D Web Visualisations
- Create 3D visualisations that anyone can view in a web browser, with new support for Esri 13S and giTF for Cesium (FME 2017).
6. Generate Microsoft, Excel, Word and Powerpoint files
- New Transformers let you style and and output your data for Excel Spreadsheets, Word Pages and Powerpoint Slides.
7. Co-ordinate System Updates including:
- Australia's GDA 2020 & German Niedersachsen datum shift grids available
- RSO System Updates (Malaysia)
8. More Format and Transformer Improvements
- S3 Transformers have been merged into a single S3Connector, and files can be accessed directly like a file system.
- Creator now supports creating clothoids and 3D Arcs.
- FeatureWriter supports outport ports.
- Bufferer can now buffer 3D objects.
- Several Transformers have an added Tolerance parameter.
Work Play More Efficiently - FME Workbench Enhancements
9. Collapsible Bookmarks
- More easily manage large workspaces by collapsing sections under colourful bookmarks that you can expand when necessary.
10. Partial Workspace Runs (Tech Preview)
- Get immediate feedback when authoring FME Workspaces by running only the portion of the workspace you're focused on.
11. Embedded FME Data Inspector (Tech Preview)
- Instantly view transformation results right inside FME Workbench.
12. Copy & Paste Transformer Test Conditions
- Copy-paste conditions and conditional values between transformer dialogs.
13. Customised Translation Logo
- Filter the translation log to display only error or warning messages.
14. Better Performance
- Significant improvements in engine performance with many scenarios clocking in 30% faster and using 45% less memory.
15. FME Python API
- A documentation overhaul makes the FME Python API much easier to navigate and learn from.
FME Server Updates
16. Job Filtering
- In the job interface, flip a switch to filter by jobs that have succeeded or failed.
17. Password Recovering
- Administrators can set up a system email account so users can recover their passwords.
18. Dark Mode
- Customise your FME Server interface.
19. Workspace Viewing (Tech Preview)
- View your FME Workspaces from directly within the FME Server Interface.
20. Deployment Visualisation
- See the hosts comprising a deployment and the server components on each host.
21. Project Sharing
- Share FME Server Projects without sharing security credentials. Coming soon to FME Hub.
22. FME Server on Docket
- This is out of tech preview. Quickly Deploy FME Server on any platform that supports Docker.
23. Version Control
- Also out of tech preview. See previous versions in the FME Server interface, and create a version history when publishing a workspace from FME Workbench.
Bonus: FME Augmented Reality
- Soon you'll be able to convert 3D objects to .fmear and view them in augmented reality devices.