Snowflake is unique in that it’s the Only Data Warehouse Built for the Cloud.
Conventional data warehouses and big data solutions struggle to deliver on their fundamental purpose: to make it easy to amass all your data, enable rapid analytics, and derive data-driven insights for all your business users. To solve that Snowflake built a new SQL data warehouse from the ground up for Cloud. It’s designed with a patented new architecture to handle all aspects of data and analytics. The result? A data warehouse that delivers performance, simplicity, concurrency and affordability not possible with other data warehouses.
- Complete SQL Data Warehouse - Snowflake is a fully relational ANSI SQL data warehouse so you can leverage the skills and tools your organisation already uses.
- Diverse Data – Snowflake can support all your business data, whether from traditional sources or newer machine-generated sources, without requiring cumbersome transformations and trade-offs. Snowflake natively loads and optimises both structured and semi-structured data such as JSON, Avro, or XML and makes it available via SQL without sacrificing performance or flexibility.
- Compelling Performance – Snowflake processes queries and tasks at a fraction of the time previously experienced with conventional on-premise and cloud data warehouses.
- Any Scale of Data, Workloads and Users – Snowflake’s multi-cluster, shared data architecture separates storage and compute, making it possible to scale up and down on-the-fly without downtime or disruption.
- Seamlessly share data across the organisation – Snowflake’s multi-tenant architecture enables governed and secure, modern data sharing in real time.
- Pay Only for What You Use – Usage-based pricing for compute and storage means you only pay for the data you store and the amount of compute processing that you use.
- Snowflake leverages standard SQL query language. This will be an advantage for organisations who are already using SQL, as teams will not need upskilling, saving time and costs.
- Near infinite, low-cost storage.
- Snowflake provides instant data warehouse scaling to handle concurrency bottlenecks during high demand periods. Snowflake scales without the need for redistributing data which can be a major disruption to end users.