FME 2019 Beta
FME 2019 Beta Now Available - Here's What's Coming!
There's a lot on the roadmap for FME 2019, from an embedded FME Data Inspector to a web-based Workbench. These updates have been years in the making by Safe Developers - read on to see what the development team have built so far.
FME Workbench Updates
- Visual Preview (embedded FME Data Inspector) is turned on. Combined with Feature Caching, this will make it quick and easy to view data features at each point along a workspace. Configure it in FME Options. Take it for a spin and let us know what you think so far!
- Cosmetic changes, including ports and bookmark colour palettes.
- Improved dockable windows, with easy dragging and more locations to place them.
- Annotation improvements - automatically set colour based on contents, alignment, styling, easy "undo".
- Automatic transformer resizing based on text length.
FME Workbench 2019 Beta Interface with Visual Preview enabled
Transformer and format updates:
- Date-time work: added options to Attribute Validator and Tester, and continued to harmonise database formats (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Simplfied Co-ordinateReplacer Interface.
- ShortestPathfindfinder performance improvements.
- Matcher transformer has a lenient geometry matching mode and parameter mapping.
- ChangeDetector has gained functionality from the UpdateDetector and has an "updated" port. It also has a tolerance parameter and better lenient geometry matching.
- CenterLineReplacer has a new "Approximate Center Line" mode (very fast, a little less accurate). This also supports areas, e.g. text areas and rectangles.
- Dissolver is getting some updates to make it faster (disclaimer: in the meantime, it might get slower before it gets faster).
- New, simplified Tester dialog.
- MicroStation DGN 3D reading.
FME Server Updates
FME Server is getting some interface facelifts and exciting new functionality to make your job easier. Changes include: better token management, a robust web-based FME Workspace Viewer, easier notification workflows and more. Stay tuned for when this will be ready to try out.
If you deploy FME Server in the cloud, see also: Upgraded instance types for FME Cloud