Bringing GIS to the Field
Mobile MapWorks is a practical tool for local governments, transportation authorities, utilities, communications providers, and more. Easy to configure, this app enables you to directly see, edit, validate, and update your enterprise GIS data from the field in real time.
- Downloadable as an iOS and AndroidTM app, Mobile MapWorks provides quick navigation and map display with precise indication of GPS position. You can also search for features based on attribute values.
- Accessible through a simple interface, Mobile MapWorks uses Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC®)-standard webservices. This means that the app is compatible with all GIS platforms on the market and lets you work directly in your database without any data conversion, synchronisation, or temporary data stores. This open architecture allows field updates to become instantly available to any and all GIS platforms you use on the desktop, web, or mobile devices.
- Mobile MapWorks also supports offline workflows and database synchronisation with mobile devices, so that data is available constantly, even when there is no signal. Field crews can continue to perform their work including query and update, with edits synched back to the database upon reconnect.
- Mobile MapWorks is vendor agnostic and supports a wide variety of databases, including Intergraph G/Technology and G!NIUS databases.
- Easy to set up and use - The graphical interface, is customised for display on smaller screens. Using Open Street Maps backdrops lets you zoom in on assets co-located within metres of each other. Reference your GIS data against consumer Google Maps or Bing Maps.
- Flexibility – Although Mobile Mapworks was originally designed to meet the demands of government institutions, this flexible product is not confined to any specific workflow. The user interface can be conveniently configured to suit a wide variety of purposes.
- Boost Productivity - with real-time response between field personnel and office administration.